Saturday 12 January 2013

Mobbed!

Got to the gym this morning and the car park was totally mobbed! I thought it was all down down to new members and their New Year resolutions but in the end it turned out to be a girls under 12 tennis championship.

I've always laughed when I see members driving round and round the car park trying to get a car park space close to the entrance… What are you doing???  You're going into the gym to exercise - surely walking an extra minute from the back of the car park isn't going to kill you?!!!

Managed a decent run on the treadmill, some leg weights (leg press, calf raise, leg extension, adductor, abductor, leg curl) followed by stretches and a 1500 m swim. I've said it before and I'll say it again… I really need to work on my swimming technique but at least my swim fitness hasn't totally abandoned me. I'll be back to swim training on Tuesday night where Nicola will no doubt be trying to cash in my life insurance premium - bring it on! I'm (almost) ready for it!

Back home, polished off a vanilla flavoured protein shake and then started tucking into a massive salami and rocquito pepper pizza but soon discovered that my eyes were (thankfully) bigger than my belly… I'll keep the other half for later - possibly after the monster dog walk we have planned whilst L and Z are at badminton. I like busy Saturdays :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews