Friday 11 January 2013

Happy Belated Christmas!

This dropped through my letter box today:



A little bit late for Christmas - but I appreciate the sentiment! We're looking forward to taking part in the 15th Ironman Klagenfurt Austria only 24 weeks to go.

Training is, dare I say it, going pretty well. I've discovered that I can train in the mornings before school which is helping to significantly increase the volume of training without killing my evenings. I took this morning off - the luxury of a lie-in until 6:45 a.m. cannot be overstated!

Off to swimming now - the first time in a few weeks… hopefully it's like riding a bike in that you don't forget how to do it - I'll report later.
...(wait two hours!)

I'm back! 
Thankfully I remembered how to swim, unfortunately not how to swim as fast as I'd like, but I'll take not drowning as a good start.

Took my youngest to swim club for the first time this evening after she moved up from her previous swim class - great to see so many young-uns thrashing up and down the pool, most (if not all) considerably faster and more stylishly than me.
I was bumped out from the swimming lanes into the other section of the pool where I had to contend with people walking about, swimming across my path and generally paying no attention whatsoever… All good practise for the mass swim start in Austria I guess.

Reminder: updated training logs showing all my training sessions available in the tab above!

Even if I don't update my home page with ramblings every day I generally updated what training I'm up to in the training (b)log page… If you're really keen you can look at the Garming training logs page and click on the link to see all the data in all it's glory; heart rate, speed, cadence, maps of where I've run, elevation etc.

Go on - I dare you to click on it  ;-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews