Tuesday 4 June 2013

More miles under the belt

Well, despite not being allowed to run at present, I've managed to rack up the miles and keep the fitness levels going.

Spent roughly an hour on the elliptical on Saturday as my  better half was pedalling away on a Sportive near Edinburgh. It's not as much fun (in my humble opinion) as running, but hopefully it will keep up the cardio-vascular fitness until I can run again. Good thing about it is it is very low impact, so I'm not putting any undue stress on my dodgy knee / I.T. band / bursa!

After stretching out, massaging my leg muscles and walking the dogs it was time to get the TT bike ready for action for an early start on Sunday…

Great weather (dry, warm and light winds) greeted me a I rolled out of the door at 7:45 a.m. for a pretty epic ride:


I ended up doing 163.4km in 6 hours and 2 minutes… would have been under 6 hours if people could walk on the correct side of the cycle path in Strathclyde Park! This is the second longest ride I've done to date - but the longest so far on the TT bike. The new bars and position are great, so I'm felling pretty happy about taking this over to Austria now :-)

I've reset my alarm for 5:30 a.m. and I'm doing specific exercises to strengthen my legs and core muscles… hopefully this daily session will help to heal my knee as quickly as possible and ensure that I can put in a decent performance on the run section of the IM race.

Well, that's it for now - I'm off to swimming!!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews