Thursday 20 June 2013

It's warming up...

The Worthersee is warming up - now officially 24 degrees C, if it reaches 24.5 degrees C then we're not allowed to wear our wetsuits for the swim… If you'd told me that a few months (or maybe even a few days ago) I would be seriously freaking out by now. The wetsuit really helps buoyancy and (in theory) I should be able to swim faster in this than without. However, it also restricts shoulder movement a little and I've swum over 3km 10 times without a wetsuit and precisely 0 times over 3km without… The temperature of the water is out of my control, so I'm not going to worry about it - let's just see what happens  on the day!

My wonderful 3rd year Physics class presented me with this today:


Not only did they make me a card, but also a delicious cake (no photos - I ate it a break time) and £25 donation for the charities I'm raising cash for. Thanks again 3MK, you are all stars!!! I am chuffed to bits and humbled by your kindness :-)

I've managed a couple of runs and thankfully the knee is holding up well - another run planned for tomorrow morning and hopefully a swim in the afternoon before heading out for a very posh meal… more details to follow.

Did I mention there are only 9 days left until the race… SINGLE figures - how did that happen?

Don't worry, there is still time to donate: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/GGall

1 comment:

soulinmotion said...

all the jobs in all the world cannot match the great relationships you can get with young people from teaching:) good stuff Dr Gall.......

Total Pageviews