Friday 3 May 2013

Still no sign of Nemo...

Well, no sign of Nemo - I'll keep looking for him, but after 1 hour and 21 minutes and 15 seconds of thrashing up and down the pool at Virgin Active I can categorically state he is not there. 

I did, however, find a new personal best for the Ironman distance swim (3800m or 152 lengths of a 25m pool) in 1 hour, 17 minutes and 9 seconds and completed the 4km swim (160 lengths) in 1:21:15.

Still masses of room for improvement, but I've taken over 3 minutes off my time in the last month. I would be (in football parlance) over the moon if I get close to this time in the actual race. I'm hoping that any issues with sighting / swimming in a straight line / swimming with 2000 other people will be balanced out by the fact that I can swim faster in a wetsuit, anything less than 1 hour 30 minutes on the day and I'll be delighted!

Finished off my training tonight with a steady treadmill run, listening to some of my favourite music and just focusing on running form - sounds daft but it was a very relaxing!

Right time to go and check the bike for tomorrow's cycle and chill out for an hour or so before climbing into bed. 

Hope you all have a brilliant Bank Holiday Weekend!

No comments:

Total Pageviews