Sunday 17 March 2013

Chest cold… you have outstayed your welcome...

I've been stopped in my tracks for the last 4 days with a chest cold that has shown little sign of going. Back in the Old Wild West, I would now be shooting for State-wide spittoon champion but given this is not on my training plan I am hoping that it decides to shift so that I can get back to exercising next week.

I've been lucky to date with colds etc., only having missed about 5 days training in the last 6 months or more, but it's still annoying me that I've lost out on 4 days training and what was supposed to be a 4 hour long cycle yesterday. In the long run, this enforced rest will probably do me good. I suspect that my training regime had lowered my natural resistance to colds and working in a school where I come into contact with hundreds of people every day, the chances of coming into contact with the lurgy were pretty high!

On a positive note, I've been able to catch up on lots of schoolwork, tidy my desk and do all manner of jobs that I've not been able to do for months. I've even sat down on comfortable chairs to watch TV! It now feels like there are more than 24 hours in a day… This will change pretty quickly once I'm back exercising for 2-3 hours every day - the headless chicken time management will kick back into play.

So, not much more to report. I'l possibly try a quick run on the treadmill tomorrow if my chest is clear, otherwise stay clear of the grumpy, endorphin deprived Physics teacher until he remembers how to run / swim / cycle!!!

Wishing you all a happy, healthy and constructive week ahead!

No comments:

Total Pageviews