Sunday 10 March 2013

All the ones… 111 days to go

Well, just checking the counter and only 111 days to go until Ironman Austria 2013.

That may seem quite a lot of time but after checking I realised I've now been training for this race for the last year - my first training session was on Thursday 8th March 2012. I've moved on from around 4 hours a week training then to around 12 per week now. This will continue build over the next couple of months up to 15 hours per week… Anybody got a spare time machine they can let me borrow??!!

You may well have read the daily training blog or even perused the detailed Garmin training details (in the tabs at the top of the page) but I thought I'd show you what the training has looked like so far…


As you can see, Monday's are very lazy! 

So please forgive me if I'm a bit of a one-trick pony at present. If I'm not exercising, I'm writing about exercising. I promise I'll diversify interests (a little) more after June 30th but I suspect I'll have a decent story to tell at that point!

My good lady wife is out on her cycle-cross bike in the snow - hardcore! I'd join her but someone had to stay in to look after the kids ;-)

I've now found with so much training my body fat is now down in single figures, so when I get cold I stay cold for a while… That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it! 

Right, enough procrastinating… a bike / run 'brick' session is on the cards - I'll chat later - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Total Pageviews