Thursday 14 February 2013

Now entering the build phase!

This week is the first week in the build phase of the training plan. According to Mr Fink we gradually include some high intensity sessions in both the run and the bike and in a few weeks I'll do a practice race. This may be at the training camp during the Easter holidays or done at home.. probably an Olympic distance race (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run). Part of me thinks this will be a good idea and another part thinks that it may just suddenly dawn on me how long the Ironman distance actually  is… Until then, I'll carry on in blissful ignorance and keep telling myself that if I stick with the plan everything will be great on the day ;-)  Ahhhh the power of positive thinking.

Tomorrow I'm off for my VO2 max test on the treadmill - I'm looking forward to the results, if not the torturous 20 minutes or so connected up via face masks to a gas analyser… Once I get all the data I'll explain what it all means and how it will help to structure the rest of my training: train smarter not harder!!!

No comments:

Total Pageviews