Sunday 3 February 2013

A new use for long films...

Well today I was scheduled for a 2 hour 45 minute bike ride, despite the fact the weather was reasonably ok for February I'm sticking with the indoor turbo trainer until I am 100% comfortable with the aero position.

Now, once you're midway through a session like that you really don't want to get off and change the TV… there is a distinct possibility of not getting back on the bike!

I checked through my video collection and found the perfect distraction; Gladiator.

Organised a couple of bottle of water and some yummy banana flavoured energy bars and commenced pedalling.

2 hours and 50 minutes later and I was glad to go and stand under the shower - although I used up all the hot water (allegedly) so I'm now in the bad books with my better half - her shower was rather chilly it seemed!  Ooops.

So this week I've put in 12 hours and 25 minutes exercise, covering 186km. I'm looking forward to a rest day tomorrow… now I'm off to walk the dogs :-)

No comments:

Total Pageviews