Monday 26 May 2014

New bike day!

It's been a really busy week culminating in over 18 hours of training.

Luckily I was off on Friday (Bank Holiday) and was able to head back up to Velocity 44 in Stirling to pick up my new time trial bike.  It took a little longer than expected to arrive from Italy but it has been worth the wait - it looks totally stunning in the flesh.

I've now added on my Stages power crank and spent 40 mins or so yesterday checking the calibration of power between this and my KICKR power meter. Numbers look pretty comparable, so now I need to focus on a smooth pedalling technique and set the Garmin to display 3s average values when out on the road. 

Paul has completed the RETUL fit for me on the bike, so I know that this fits me... I just need time in the saddle to get used the the TT position again in time for the Outlaw.
















Shameless advertising for our club... after all, why do you think I picked this colour scheme?


Saturday's ATHelite (+friends) group ride was good fun but at 4 hours and 105km it was a little faster than I'd been planning on - once home I donned the trainers and set about 100mins on the treadmill, followed by 25 mins of stretching and weights... no rest for the wicked.

Rest day today (26th) and Gary has promised me an 'easy' week this week... Big race this Sunday - the Carluke 5 mile fun run :-)


No comments:

Total Pageviews